Jewish Social Services is seeking a half-time case manager to help connect Madison area residents with community resources to meet their basic needs and keep themselves safe and healthy. The case manager will assess social service needs, (including social supports, safety, housing security, financial sustainability, mental and physical health) set goals and develop plans of action.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to provide assessment, information and referrals, short-term advocacy, and longer-term case management services for a diverse group of individuals and families. This position is an opportunity to engage with seniors, refugees and other immigrants, JSS volunteers and other staff to help bring about real change in the lives of people in our community.
ABOUT JEWISH SOCIAL SERVICES
For nearly 40 years, Jewish Social Services of Madison has provided individuals and families in our community with the resources needed to meet the challenges of everyday living, including senior services, case management and refugee resettlement. The team at Jewish Social Services works with people of all ages, religions, races, ethnicities and backgrounds. We serve seniors, refugees and immigrants working toward citizenship, and individuals and families under stress. In addition, we provide educational and social programs for seniors in our community. We are a small, but multi-faceted agency rooted in Jewish values. We are committed to pursuing justice, social equality, and caring for others.
The Case Manager, will work collaboratively with the entire Jewish Social Services Team and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide assessment, information and referrals, short-term advocacy, and longer-term case management services for our clients.
- Advocate for clients and connect to community services, including; housing, public benefits, mental and physical health care providers, vocational/educational resources.
- Collaborate with other community agencies to coordinate care and maximize community resources
- Work closely with our entire team including social service case managers, volunteer and program manager, and refugee resettlement staff; providing consultation as necessary
- Develop and maintain supportive and trusting relationships with clients and other family members to promote independent and empowered actions by families. Provide on-going home visits and phone contact based on clients and families’ needs.
We are seeking a case manager who is comfortable at working with seniors, (those over age 60), immigrants and refugees as well as other individuals needing help meeting their basic needs. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented person who excels at building relationships, making connections, and at managing complicated cases. Experience with financial guardianship or corporate guardianship is a plus. The person should have at least four years of experience in social services case management. A BA degree is required, MSW preferred.
JSS hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Position will be 20 hours per week, with some flexibility in hours, depending on clients’ needs. Pay: $20-$30/hour DOE.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to Jim Mackman at firstname.lastname@example.org and please put “CASE WORKER” in the subject line. We will begin interviewing applicants the week of June 19 and will keep the position open until filled.
Jewish Social Services of Madison is an equal opportunity employer.