Jewish Social Services of Madison is looking for a program assistant.
For nearly 40 years, Jewish Social Services of Madison has provided individuals and families in our community with the resources needed to meet the challenges of everyday living, including senior services and immigration services. Funding for the work of Jewish Social Services is also supported by the Jewish Federation of Madison, the United Way of Dane County, Goodman Foundation, government and private grants and endowments. We are a small, but multi-faceted agency.
The ideal candidate will be able to flexible when working with JSS programs. They will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a diverse workload. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to be doing something different every day. They will assist in organization, maintenance, and administrative and support services of multiple diverse agency programs.
The program assistant needs to be:
- A People Person – Enthusiastic about connecting with our staff, clients, and volunteers over the phone, in person and over mail and social medial.
- A Multi-Tasker— Detail oriented with proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks.
- A Collaborator – Able to work with the JSS team, our community-based partners such as synagogues, youth groups and retirement communities, volunteers, JSS clients and their families
- A Communicator – Can write well for the web and in print.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and WordPress
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle highly sensitive and confidential information and situations, and ability to perform with tact and diplomacy.
- Health insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Vacation and sick days and retirement plan
- Time off for secular and Jewish holidays
- Salary — $35,000-$39,000 depending on experience
Jewish Social Services of Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to Chris Shanahan, firstname.lastname@example.org by June 13, 2019. Please include the word “Program Assistant” in the subject line of your email.