JSS is looking for a long-term, dedicated volunteer to help our refugee resettlement program with administrative tasks. The ideal volunteer has:
- A strong understanding of and respect for client confidentiality
- Great organizational skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and a willingness to learn various client database software systems)
The volunteer will help our refugee resettlement team with the following tasks:
- File preparation – printing and organizing documents into individual client files.
- Client data entry –transferring data from one database to another, and entering new data that JSS provides
- Calendaring – adding deadlines for required client services onto Outlook calendar, and into our database.
There may also be opportunities for occasional assistance with direct client services.
This volunteer position is for approximately 2 hours per week, flexible during business hours, depending on volunteer availability (Tuesday or Wednesday hours are preferred). We are looking for someone who can give JSS at least a six-month commitment.
Due to the sensitive nature of this position, the volunteer must be willing to be background checked, and to provide references upon request.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a good fit for you, please reach out via email to Paul Borowsky, Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com