Jewish Social Services provides assistance to refugees and their families through a variety of services and resources to help them become self-sufficient and create a safe and stable life in the Dane County area.
Pre-Arrival, Reception and Placement Services
- Pre-arrival Processing
- Reception Services
- Post-arrival resettlement services for the first 30 days that include: development and implementation of a resettlement plan; case maintenance; refugee orientation; employment assessment; provision of referrals; basic needs support
Access to Furniture and Housing
- As available for new arrivals, based on need
- Oversight, coordination, and integration of all services, referrals, and programs provided to the client
Connection to Employment Services and ESL Classes
- Through our network of affiliates, we can assist families in finding the resources they need for employment services or ESL classes.
Translation of Documents
- Essential documents are translated into the English language for necessary linkage to services and access to education
Want to receive our bi-weekly Refugee Resettlement Emails?