Volunteer Program Mission Statement
Our dedication to service will improve the quality of life and maintain the dignity of our clients in a compassionate and caring atmosphere.
Volunteers will enhance the ability of the agency to achieve its overall mission.
The volunteer program will:
- Promote the value of volunteering for Jewish Social Services and reinforce the love of service in our volunteers.
- Strive to meet the ever-changing needs of the community, the agency and its clients.
- Increase, improve and target volunteer recruitment.
- Match volunteers to clients and projects which are mutually compatible with their needs, interests and skills.
- Effectively react to trends in volunteerism.
- Suggest names of volunteers for consideration for agency leadership roles.
- Continue the Jewish Social Services tradition of volunteer excellence and ethical service.
Becoming a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Jewish Social Services! Please contact Paul Borowsky at 608-442-4083 to get started. Our application process includes an interview, reference checks and a background check. Volunteers who will be driving also provide a copy of their driver’s license, proof of insurance, and permission for us to check their drivers’ records. Once we assign you to an activity, there will be a short orientation.