About Jewish Social Services
Jewish Social Services is a 40+year-old organization, comprised of people committed to improving the lives of individuals and families of all religions and nationalities. We meet people where they are. Our programs are designed to help people manage mental health and physical health; to care for and connect seniors to needed services and programs; to give spiritual support; to provide emergency financial assistance to empower them with self-sufficiency; and to welcome and help resettle and provide legal assistance to refugees from around the world.
JSS is currently hiring. To apply, please follow instructions found in the job descriptions listed below.
Administrative and Communications Assistant (Part-time)
JSS is seeking a part time Administrative and Communications Assistant (15 hours per week) to works closely with the Executive Director to develop digital communications and provide support for organizational functions related to the Board of Directors, community engagement, database management and overall administrative operations. (Posted 5/19/21).
- Create posts for social media
- Produce bi-monthly electronic newsletter
- Update website content
- Contribute creative ideas for increasing online reach
- Create infographics, annual reports, and other documents as required
- Provide detailed information about JSS events to local organizations
Board of Directors
- Track meeting schedule and send timely meeting reminders
- Record RSVPs and meeting attendance
- Assist with preparation of documents and materials
- Prepare correspondence as requested by the Executive Director
- Create Board Orientation Packets for new members
- Keep up-to-date lists of board and committee members
- Oversee Board Portal website
- Perform basic functions of various databases
- Accurately record donations in donor database
- Generate donor thank you letters and tribute cards using donor database
- Maintain up-to-date contact information in databases
- Manage email contacts in Constant Contact (social marketing software)
- Support JSS’ Executive Assistant with fundraising data entry and correspondence
- Provide office coverage for the Executive Assistant when required (answer phone, receive mail, etc.)
- Assist with planning JSS’ Annual Meeting
- Set up Zoom meetings for community events
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Experience using Zoom, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to write and copy edit
- Confidence in ability to learn new computer programs
- Able to prioritize tasks and stay organized
- Experience using Facebook, Instagram, WordPress and databases a plus
- Willingness to be flexible
Position Type: Part time (15 hours)
Schedule: Negotiable. Will be during regular business hours.
Rate of Pay: $15-$19/Hour
Location: JSS’ office is on a bus line at 6434 Enterprise Lane Madison, Wisconsin 53719
**Remote work is an option (but you must work from the office 1 day/week)
To apply: Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Jewish Social Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.